Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chick-Fil-A

I love this blog. Why? Because I can express my opinion on stuff. I don't feel like I have to argue back and forth with anyone in particular. My pageviews are sky-rocketing and I'm not getting any comments, so I guess what I'm saying isn't too controversial or infuriating lol.

My thoughts on Chick-Fil-A...honestly- I don't get why everyone is overreacting. The liberals are all flipping out saying Cathy is a homophobe, when um he's clearly stated "while my family and I believe in the Biblical definition of marriage, we love and respect anyone who disagrees." Does that sound hateful to you? It doesn't to me. The conservatives are on the complete other end saying "It's about time someone stood up for what's right! Homosexuality is evil! I'm eating at chick-fil-a more often now!" (Yes, I actually had a facebook friend post that. Sigh...)

It's a company expressing their views on a sensitive subject. Honestly I think it was a bad move, business-wise. You don't hear companies like Petco expressing their views on things like homosexuality and the like.... It's just something you don't talk about. But just because someone finds homosexuality wrong doesn't make them a bigot. They're not saying gays aren't allowed to eat or work there. They never even said they hated gays! Ugh.

Bottom line- my opinion of CFA has not changed. If I feel like having a spicy chicken sandwich, I will head their way. But I'm not going to eat there any more or less based on this, or any of their beliefs.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for saying this! People are driving me crazy talking out their asses about this issue when it doesn't make sense for this to be an issue anyway. Either eat there or don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband works for Chick-Fil-A and I appreciate this opinion but I think people are more worked up by donations being made to "hate groups" then his actual words. It's a rock and a hard places really. I am SO thankful though it's dying down for lotsa reasons.

    ReplyDelete